[squid-users] acl help

From: Hement Gopal <hementg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:43:00 +0200

hi all

i want to create ACL rules that point to files containing the
expressions i want to ban.

for example i want to point my ACL rules to three text files :-
one containing banned ips outside my network
one containing banned URLS outside my network
and one containing ips of clients within my network that are banned from
browsing.

i've created one for banning file types (eg. avi, mpeg, rm, wmv, etc)
which is working fine....but i cannot get the above three to work.

syntax for banned files is as follows

acl files url_regex -i "/usr/local/squid/etc/banned-files.txt"

[root@athena2 etc]# vi banned-files.txt
\.mpeg$
\.mpg$
\.avi$
\.wmv$
\.mp3$
\.rm$
\.asf$
\.ra$
\.ram$
\.asx$
\.asf$
\.afx$
\.divx$
\.m3u$
\.viv$
\.vivo$
\.vo$

and this block is working fine.

can anyone assist in getting the other three to work?

rgds,
hement gopal