RE: [squid-users] Blocking msn file sharing

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:43:15 -0400

I'd just as soon block all instant messaging. Completely. In the few
cases where it is for business intents, we'll use a service like SameTime.
 I've seen viruses, child pornography and the likes hit a company network
because of instant messaging. It isn't a matter of "it's my network, all
mine", it's a matter of liability and responsibility.

I, to this day, have not found a viable solution to blocking Instant
messaging, without blocking all of yahoo, all of msn, all of aol, etc.

Tim