Re: [squid-users] SQUID DELAY POOLS

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:08:25 +0200

Shiraz Gul Khan wrote:
> hi
> i am using redhat 7.2 as a server using DSL 128kbps downloading and
> 64kbps uploading. i have 60 clients. i want to limit downloading speed
> of some files of which extention is .exe .mp3 .mpeg etc..etc... to 5KB
> but other files extension downloaded with out restriction, i mean at
> full speed. so i configure my squid.conf as follow. but with squid.conf
> my whole network jam. i mean sooo slow browsing soooo slow download and
> when i removed these lines and restart the squid browsing and others are
> working cool.
> please tell me where i change my settings in squid.conf
> i have compaq Xeon server with 512 ram 9GB SCSI hard disk and my squid
> version is 2.4
> ------------------------
> acl magic_words1 url_regex -i 192.168
> acl magic_words2 url_regex -i ftp .exe .mp3 .vqf .tar.gz .gz .rpm .zip
> .rar .avi .mpeg .mpe .mpg .qt .ram .rm .iso .raw .wav .mov

Isn't that \.exe$ and so on?

> acl day time 09:00-23:59
Using time acls with delay pools may break aktive downloads at
"switching time", i.e. at 9:00 and 0:00 - at least that is what I've
found on the web.

> delay_pools 2
> delay_class 1 2
> delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 -1/-1
> delay_access 1 allow magic_words1
If you want to speed up your local traffic you may be better of with
acl dst.
> delay_class 2 2
> delay_access 2 allow day

Everything is matched for delay 2 during the daytime.
You need delay_access 2 allow day magic_words2 - if you want to match
only magic_words2 AND only during daytime.

> delay_access 2 deny !day
> delay_access 2 allow magic_words2
> delay_parameters 2 5000/16000 5000/16000
Why class 2 with such parameters?

> delay_access 2 allow day
> delay_access 2 deny !day
> delay_access 2 allow magic_words2
Cut & Paster error or are those parameters really twice in your config?

Regards, Hendrik Voigtländer