[squid-users] arp-based access controll < Virus checked >

From: Zoltán Kereszturi <Zoltan_Kereszturi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:41:46 +0200

Hi,

we would like to use arp-based acl, but we have some problems in installing
this.
We have Mandrake-Linux 10.0.
First we installed squid from the Linux Cd, but the preconfigured squid did
not know the arp-acl.

Then we decided to download squid and install it manually. We downloaded
squid-2.5.stable5 from www.squid-cache.org, and installed as written in
the User's Guide:
- decompressing with gzip and tar
- extracting the source to /usr/local/squid/src
- configuring: ./configure --enable-arp-acl
--enable-err-language=Hungarian
- compiling: make
- installing: make install

Our problem is that the install did not create the squid-file in
/etc/init.d (and it did not copy the configuration-files to /etc/squid)
We could solve the the second problem somehow :O), but although we have
tried some ways we could not start squid.

Coud you please give me some ideas, what should I do or what did I wrong.

Thank you

Zoltan