Re: [squid-users] arp-based access controll < Virus checked >

From: Mr. S M Thakor <smthakor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:43:32 +0530

Hi,

Download squid tar file from squid-cache.org
Unzip at some folder on your server.

configure it with arl-acl option
--------------------------
./configure --enable-arp-acl (and others as per your need)
make
make install
--------------------------

Follow procedure for configuring cache directories.

Create one text file (mymacadresses) at some folder containing mac
addresses of the
clients, one entry per line, e.g.
0:6:0:b8:de:30    # client 1
0:70:4:d9:a8:30   # client 2
0:94:6:79:c0:35   # client 3

Include these lines to squid.conf
acl myaclname arp "/folder/mymacadresses"
http_access allow myaclname

This will allow access to the clients listed in the mymacadresses file.

--
S.M. Thakor,
Manager, Information Systems Dept.,