RE: [squid-users] Squid Server Accelerator + iptables

From: Angela Burrell <angela@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:14:43 -0400

I would like to clarify what you are asking.

I believe you would like to set up your iptables (on your squid box?) to
take all incoming requests from the Internet for your web server. Squid
would listen for requests from the Internet on port 80, and check its local
cache to see if there's a copy of the requested file.

If not, squid would forward the request to your web server's port 80.
(example 192.168.1.123:80).

Is that correct?

If so, and your iptables firewall is set up on "box A", you need to allow
connections in and out from your Web server's internal IP address. You also
need to allow forwarding connections form the Internet to the web server and
from Box A to the web server.

HTH