[squid-users] Re: Re: Re: Authentication MSNT y NTLM

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 23:11:55 -0400

Again I ask - please do not top post. Instead, respond inline, as I have
been doing throughout this thread. This makes the discussion much easier to
follow.

Enrique Charry wrote:

> I continued with problem, i have Squid/2.5 Stable 4;
> How do I incremented number NTLM Helpers?

Increase the "auth_param ntlm children" setting.

> auth_param ntlm program
> /opt/epmbogota/squid/libexec/ntlm_auth EPM_BOG/ECMDC01
> EPM_BOG/ECMFILE01

> auth_param basic program
> /opt/epmbogota/squid/libexec/msnt_auth
> auth_param basic children 4

I see you are not using the Samba helpers. Is there a reason?

The Samba helpers are well maintained, well documented, and generally
considered the best way to integrate Squid with a Windows-style domain.

If increasing the number of helpers doesn't help, I would suggest trying the
Samba helpers instead.

For more info on using the Samba helpers, see this Squid FAQ:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html#ss23.5

Adam