[squid-users] SSL logging

From: <peter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 11:24:40 -0400 (EDT)

I'm trying to find a way to log more information about SSL sessions, in
particular, the number of kilobytes transferred in each SSL session. I
know its not possible or desirable to be able to log URL's, or content in
an SSL session, but it should be possible to see the total amount of bytes
transferred in the session. (This does not presently seem to take place,
using SSL webmail to upload several megabyte+ files I can see that it is
not tracking correctly the number of bytes transferred...) I'm using
squid 2.5.STABLE1-2 from the Red Hat 9 package set. Running on RH9 on
x86.

If squid can't provide this information can anyone suggest a way to gather
this stat? (Other than tcpdump on 443... )

Thanks!

Peter