Re: [squid-users] squid authentication problem

From: Mohsin Khan <aaghaz00@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 14:05:50 -0700 (PDT)

As described by Abue, you can do that on client end(
tabbed browser), secondly you can use MAC base ACL in
squid, thirdly if you are using a domain model, you
can implement NTLM with smb, for this you have to
compile your sambad, as per squid FAQ, and than use it
with ntlm auth. This will let the authentication
transparrent to the domain user.(if you are using a
Domain Model).

Also you can use time base ACl.

--- Payal Rathod <payal-squid@staticky.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have IP based authentication. Since I am on slow
> line I have
> allowed only 5 users to access the net. But when
> they are not in office
> other users use their IP and browse the net.
> So I am trying squid to authenticate with simple
> ncsa_auth against a
> htaccess file. But here I have a problem that
> whenever a user opens
> another window of IE she has to give password and
> username. Even if she
> saves it she has to press ENTER. Has anyone got a
> solution/workaround
> for this? Users find it very inconvienent to give
> username and passwword
> every time.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> With warm regards,
> -Payal

=====
Regards,
Mohsin Khan
CCNA ( Cisco Certified Network Associate 2.0 )
http://forum.aaghaz.net (Your attention is needed)