[squid-users] squid authentication problem

From: Payal Rathod <payal-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:54:28 +0000

Hi,
I have IP based authentication. Since I am on slow line I have
allowed only 5 users to access the net. But when they are not in office
other users use their IP and browse the net.
So I am trying squid to authenticate with simple ncsa_auth against a
htaccess file. But here I have a problem that whenever a user opens
another window of IE she has to give password and username. Even if she
saves it she has to press ENTER. Has anyone got a solution/workaround
for this? Users find it very inconvienent to give username and passwword
every time.

Thanks a lot in advance.

With warm regards,
-Payal