[squid-users] squid_ldap_group acl problem

From: <michela.gandolfo_external@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:45:36 +0200

Hello,
I'm tiring to run Squid 2.5.STABLE5 with ldap_group authentication.

I installed squid with the Ldap_group authentication option:

 squid -v
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE5
configure options: --enable-external-acl-helpers=ldap_group

I configured the squid.conf file:
External_acl_type ldap_group %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_group -b "OU=Groups,OU=department,OU=office,DC=my_domain" -f "(cn=%g)" -B "OU=Users,OU=department,OU=office,DC=my_domain" -F "samaccountname=%u) -h ldapserver.my_domain -p 389 -D dummyuser@my_domain -w secretpassword

I tested it on command line and it works fine.

Finally I insert acl and http_acces:

Acl ldaptest external ldap_group Internet
Http_access allow ldaptest

But when I try to run squid the result is:

 squid -N -d 1 -D
FATAL: Bungled squid.conf line 1810: acl Acl ldaptest external ldap_group Internet
Squid Cache (Version 2.5.STABLE5): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.010 seconds = 0.010 user + 0.000 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 215
Aborted

I try many time changing acl expression and it seems tha the word "external" does not like to squid
I suspect that some how squid does not recognise it as a regular expression for acl but I don't understand why...

Anybody out there can help me?

Thanks in advance
Best Regards

Michela Gandolfo
Network engineer

This e-mail is from Wärtsilä Italia and it is intended only for the adressee. This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please return it to Wärtsilä Italia without distributing or retaining copies thereof. Thank you.