[squid-users] Re: Re: Squid User Password

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:57:49 -0400

Please don't top-post - it makes the discussion harder to follow.

Lucas Beber wrote:
> Adam Aube wrote:
>> Lucas Beber wrote:

>>>As making so that the root changes the password of an user of SQUID in
>>>command line, without necessity of entering in the webmin web page?

>> That depends on what authentication helper you are using.

> I use default squid authentication ...

Squid does not use authentication unless explicitly configured to do so, so
there is no "default" Squid authentication.

Look at your Squid configuration file - it will tell you what authentication
helper you are using. Depending on the Squid version, you will want to look
for either authenticate_program (2.4.x) or auth_param (2.5.x) lines.

If you aren't sure, post these relevant lines to the list.

Adam