[squid-users] Usage Restriction by no. of hours?

From: Muhammad Ali <ali.jan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:46:10 +0500

Hi,

I've looked into the documentation and faq.

I have a lan on which i want to restrict user access by the number of
hours i allot to them. For example i give user A 10 hours and upon
using that up, he will be denied access.

I know that you can deny access on the basis of timing but i don't want that.

I guess the biggest problem here would be how to calulate the usage...
one solution would be to have them explicitly logged on and off
somehow and calculate the time they've remained logged on and
enable/disable them accordingly. But this, to me, seems a bit
involved.

So, is there a native way to do this? Anyone here done something like
this using squid? any ideas? comments?

Thanks