RE: [squid-users] How does your squid cache stacks up?

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 07:53:34 +0200

> Hi all,
>
> I have my squid caches running well over half a year since
> deployment. These
> are my daily cache statistics. I wonder if they can be improved even
> further.

  Improved is not completely defined in that question. It also
depends on users web habbits. If they all visit the same site; the hitrate
will be large versus the other case (for instance).

> Anyone care to compare their stats? Maybe we can learn from
> each other... ;)
>
> Total request: 99.05 M
> Total request hits: 60.29 M (59.81%)
>

> Total bytes: 987276 MB
> Total bytes hits: 333162.92 MB (34.73%)

 For 1500 users, I have about 20GB 'webdata' transferred through SQUID each
day with a hitrate of 50%, which saves me 10GB on the Internet link (daily).

  M.