Re: [squid-users] delay pools behaviour

From: <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:20:01 +1000

Quoting Alex <alex@hostingcenter.ro>:
--<snip>--
> delay_access 1 deny unlimited
> delay_access 1 allow files clients-low
>
> delay_access 2 deny unlimited
> delay_access 2 allow files clients-big
>
> It seems to me that there is something wrong with this setup because this
> limits not only downloading of files with specified extensions, but instead
> it limits everything, including browsing. I think this is related to the
> statements in acl files url_regex but I'm not sure.
>

> Alex Iruc

Alex,

I think that you are trying to make the delay_access directive do something that
it is not designed to do.

All the examples that I have seen show only one acl listed in them, however by
the behavior of squid that you have described, your action of including
multiple acls on the one line appears to have worked in an OR logic fashion,
where by the sounds of it you want it to operate as AND logic.

I am not 100% sure of this but what you might want to try is this:

delay_access 1 deny unlimited
delay_access 1 deny !files
delay_access 1 allow clients-low

delay_access 2 deny unlimited
delay_access 2 deny !files
delay_access 2 allow clients-big

As I understand it, rules are read from top to bottom, and the first rule that
matches is used, therefore if a clients-low client requests a .html or other
file that is not listed in the "files" acl it will match the "delay_access 1
deny !files" line and stop there.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,
Rob Hadfield