RE: [squid-users] ACLs and squidGuard!?

From: Angela Burrell <angela@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:59:18 -0400

Squidguard, as far as i know, still being updated, but there is no mailing
list for it. I use squidGuard and I like it. Squid ACLs might be fine for
you, it depends on what your needs are.

Do you want to filter out certain types of sites? Like gambling, auctions,
porn? Do you have a computer use policy? If yes, you might want squidGuard.
(you probably need to update your blacklists)

Do some of your users have different access level requirements? Is there
some specific domains you want to block? Then you might want to use ACLs.

Its up to you, we use squidGuard to make sure that our computer terminals
are being used for what the intended purpose, and clients can't go to "bad"
types of sites with them.

Good luck

Angela