[squid-users] How to allow dial-up users to use Radius authentication

From: Vikrant Agarwal <vikrant.a@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:13:48 +0530

Hi All,

I'm using squid-2.5.STABLE4 installed on my Linux box (Linux 2.4.18-14) .
I've installed it successfully and it was working till it diverted my
dial-up user traffic through caching , earlier only Lease Line customer had
been diverted through caching .

Now when I divert my Dialup users traffic through caching , I face one
problem i.e dial-up user are not able to get authenticate on RADIUS server .
Actually authentication request doesn't come at all on my Radius server when
i divert my Dial-up traffic caching . My Radius belongs to different subnet
to the subnet where squid box is installed .

I've also tried by opening Radius-auth and Radius-acct port in squid.conf
as follows , but it didn't work .

acl Safe_ports port 1645 # radius auth
acl Safe_ports port 1646 # radius acct
acl Safe_ports port 23 # telnet
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
# Deny requests to unknown ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports

I also want to allow users those who are behind squid to access VNC viewer ,
PC -anywhere and telnet service .

Kindly guide .

Thx & Reg
Vikrant