Re: [squid-users] Preventing user by ip address

From: Khawar Nehal <khawar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:34:07 -0300

If your proxy server only runs squid then an easy way to deny access by IP
address is to place the lines

route add "ip address" lo

into /etc/rc.d/rc.local

This makes sure that a proxy abuser does not access squid at all.

Simple one liner instead of a two line acl or a more complex IP tables
firewall line.

For finer control we recommend IPTables or ACLs

--
Khawar Nehal
CEO
Applied Technology Research Center (ATRC)
C-55 Block A KDA Officers
Karachi 75260
Pakistan
Voice : 92-21-4980523
Mobile : 92-300-9284698
Email : khawar@atrc.net.pk
Assistant Registrar
Preston Institute of Management, Science and Technology (PIMSAT)
177/2 IEP Building,
Opposite Regent Plaza (Formerly Taj Mahal Hotel)
Shahrah-a-Faisal,
Karachi,
Pakistan
Voice : 92-21-7789888 to 90