RE: [squid-users] ldap authentication...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:07:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Chris Perreault wrote:

> Read up on the ACLs. If the destination is signup.com then you can REQUIRE
> authentication, or not... !REQUIRED
>
> acl newbies dst signup.com
> acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED
> http_access allow newbies authenticated

This will require authentication for accessing signup.com..

what you want is to allow access before you require authentication:

acl our_clients src ip.of.dorm.network/mask

acl newbies dst signup.com
http_access allow our_clients newbies

acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow our_clients authenticated

http_access deny all

For additional information on how Squid access controls works see the
Squid FAQ chapter 10.