RE: [squid-users] Access problem

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:35:10 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I need to connect to a remote server (not FTP) that check
> username/password
> combinations... But my squid connect automatically with an
> anonymous user
> and the remote server donīt accept it.
>
> I have seen in the Squid Configuration Manual the ACL Type
> "proxy_auth" but
> when try to do it, my squid have an ERROR...
>
> How can I make for that my squid doesnīt use the anonymous
> user in this type
> of connections?

  - Squid never uses any form of default auth. to remote webservers.
  - proxy authentication is another story , related to client
    authorization to the proxy; and probably is not related to your problem.

  If possible, it would make more clear what your problem is :
  post example(s), site(s), url(s),...

  And/or squid access log entrie(s) when accessing those site(s).

  M.