Re: [squid-users] acl Safe_ports

From: <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:37:40 +1000

If your client PCs are set up to use your proxy for http (protocol) requests,
then **any** url that starts with http:// will be sent to the proxy despite
what port follows that URL (eg: http://www.somewebhost.com:10000 )

In your case your clients may not have any proxy settings as you are using a
firewall to redirect traffic pased upon destination port (and not protocol)
therefore in your case it may be true to say that the Safe_ports acl performs
no function (that is until you set the proxy settings in your client PCs)

Regards,
Rob Hadfield