Re: [squid-users] Do objects in memory (RAM) get flushed to disk on reboot?

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:11:23 +0100 (BST)

--- dravya <dravya@magma.ca> wrote: >

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if the objects in the memory
> currently get copied to the hard disk when a
> reboot occurs? Does one have to stop squid in order
> for it to flush everything to disk?
> Currently I have a reboot everyday at 12:00 AM.
> Should I stop squid before I do a reboot
> with cron or is it ok to just do a reboot and have
> that stop squid?

just to answer this bit of the question, if you are
using Linux/UNIX, each process will be sent the TERM
signal upon a shutdown/reboot...

that means each running service will try to shut down
gracefully before the system is taken offline..

at least, that's the way my squid (and other services)
behave on my SuSE Linux 9.1 Pro system..

Mark.