[squid-users] Squid 2.5.STABLE6 transparent authentication question

From: <stephanos.kotsakis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:22:00 -0400

Hello,

My current setup is Squid 2.5.STABLE5 and Samba 3.0.4-1 On RedHat Linux
9.0. Transparent authentication with AD clients using IE was setup using
Samba helpers as specified in the Squid documentation.Things were working
fine until the proxy was placed under a heavy load, then I started
receiving the assertion failed: helper.c:323 error in my cache.log and the
squid service kept restarting.

I want to upgrade to Squid 2.5.STABLE6 but I am confused about the helpers,
ntlm_auth that we use for transparent authentication, do I continue to use
the ones from the Samba package or after installing Squid 2.5.STABLE6 can I
now use the ones that come with squid? I want to preserve my transparent
authentication and correct the assertion errors.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
Steph

< END >

The information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by email (postmaster@weil.com), and destroy the original message. Thank you