Re: [squid-users] Accessing external links from allowed sites

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 18:48:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Adam Engel wrote:

> There is one site in particular that has links to every county in the
> country on it that my users are required to use. Is there a way with squid
> to all users to click on those links within the site and still be allowed to
> view them? Possibly like "If the webiste is called from an allowed site,
> then that website is also allowed".

Not really.

For simple links to a single object (inlined image, file or page without
any inlined objects) you in theory could use the referer_regex ACL, but
this is

  a) Not very secure. The Referer header is sent by the client and easily
be faked by experienced users.

  b) Very limited. It won't even work for linking to normal web pages.

But if you accept the limit of 'a' in a broad manner then the following
should work:

  acl referer referer_regex -i ^https?://

this acl will be true for any request which was referenced by another
page.