Re: [squid-users] ACL not working as expected

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 18:53:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Michael Gale wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the following ACL's:
>
> ##### Protocol restrictions
> acl goodhttp proto HTTP
> acl goodftp proto FTP
> acl goodhttps proto CONNECT
> http_access deny !goodhttp httpstand_ports
> http_access deny !goodftp ftpstand_ports
> http_access deny !goodhttps SSL_ports

Shouldn't this be

http_access deny goodhttp !httpstand_ports

i.e. deny HTTP access to no-HTTP ports, not deny non-HTTP access to HTTP
ports.

> ##### Methods and browsers
> acl goodmethod method GET
> acl goodmethod method HEAD
> acl goodmethod method POST
> http_access deny !goodmethod httpstand_ports
>
> Which should only allow HTTP GET and POST request. I used lftp setting it to use squid for ftp connections and was able
> to upload a file. Now the cache.log says it was ALLOWED but the access.log shows a error ... the file was upload
> successfully.

The above says nothing about FTP uploads. It only limits the methods
allowed when accessing httpstand_ports (this I presume does not include
the FTP port).

jI think you want something like

acl goodhttpmethod method GET HEAD POST
acl deny goodftp !goothttpmethod