RE: [squid-users] Re: gzip

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:24:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Chris Perreault wrote:

> route, contacted a few on the list, and ended very happy with the outfit we
> chose. What was good to hear was a few minor things had to be fixed or added
> (I'm not sure if there's a difference) and the person I was dealing with
> said he'd be submitting it to wherever it goes to be added into the official
> version. While we had to pay to get a solution, hopefully the next person
> does not have to struggle as much as we did.

This is the general rule of most Squid developments. Very little of the
new features is developed "just for fun".

  - New features gets developed by someone directly or indirectly
contracting a Squid developer or in some cases submitting a already
developed feature.

  - Bug fixes is maintained primarily for the good of the commercial
support customers.

Several of the regular Squid developers are available for contracted
developments. Myself is available via MARA Systems AB. And Swell
Technologies is a well known player in this field quite often hiring Squid
developers to fulfill their and their customers needs.

And thanks to the commercial Squid support contracts sold by MARA Systems
they (we) are able to actively maintain bugfixes of the STABLE Squid
releases.