RE: [squid-users] Re: gzip

From: Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 07:21:01 -0400

In researching for our squid implimentation their name/site came up quite a
few times. They have an extensive website offering a variety of appliance
type solutions plus they've done (are doing) open source projects as well. I
haven't dealt with them first hand, but I'd say they are real.

http://www.squid-cache.org/SPONSORS.txt lists them as a sponser of various
squid projects, and seeing that they are listed right on this
squid-cache.org page, that also lends credibility to them. Another place to
give you peace of mind is the
http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/services.html page, that lists
consultant/developers that you can contact if you are stuck. We took that
route, contacted a few on the list, and ended very happy with the outfit we
chose. What was good to hear was a few minor things had to be fixed or added
(I'm not sure if there's a difference) and the person I was dealing with
said he'd be submitting it to wherever it goes to be added into the official
version. While we had to pay to get a solution, hopefully the next person
does not have to struggle as much as we did.

Chris Perreault