Re: [squid-users] Minimum disk usage, squid installation?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:53:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, dravya wrote:

> I would like to know what are the unnecessary files that come with squid. My idea is to
> install the barest minimum needed for squid to work as a transparent proxy. I know there
> is the man page. Anything else?

error files in languages other than the language you have configued.

helpers you are not using, if you selected any to be built when you ran
configure. (the default does not build any additional helpers)

To get a good view of what files Squid installs just install Squid in a
prefix of it's own and then run "find /prefix/path -ls"