Re: [squid-users] multiple HTTP ACCEL PORTS...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:56:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Mongryong LEE wrote:

> I have several backend web servers. Some web servers will be on different
> machines while some will be on the same machine. For the webservers that
> are on the same machine, they will obviously need to listen on different
> ports.

Different IPs is strongly recommended.. you have a whole A network locally
(127.*)

> Is there a way to achieve this using squid 2.5? I know it's easy to do if
> all your backend servers were on the same port - you simply turn on http
> acceleration and set the http accel port to 80. But this doesn't work when
> one of your internal servers is on a different port.

For both Squid-2.5 and Squid-3 the use of cache_peer to forward requests
in accelerators is strongly adviced.

Squid-2.5 won't do it as efficient as Squid-3, but still better and much
less messy than using a redirector.