Re: [squid-users] Redirecting incorrect URL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 01:28:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, David Hubner wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 01:11:48 +0000
> David Hubner <hubnerd@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> Hi again,
>
> Sorry was late last night so i made a few mistakes :)
>
> Basically when squid gets a URL like sourceforge.net:433 and sends it to the redirector, the redirector sends back a BOUNCE url of http://www.somesite.com/nono.html but squid does not like this for some reason and sends back the below information.
>
> I have checked the code and i am sure it is sending back the following line:
>
> http://www.somesite.com/nono.html 192.168.0.2/workstation.local - CONNECT
>
> Any ideas?

The redirection capabilities on CONNECT requests is somewhat limited and
in addition probably broken. I remember seeing some reports that the only
response working on a CONNECT request was a blank line..

A more detailed analysis is welcome, especially in the form of a bug
report if problems have been verified in Squid.