RE: [squid-users] How to increase TCP-HIT ratio

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:33:32 +0200

> Hello
>
> I have two questions.
> I discovered cache manager outputs and found that just
> 5-7% of hits
> are served from cache. It is to few. I there any way to increase this
> ratio ? My config is bellow.

  Your cache size is 500Mb. Depending on number of users and their
webprofile , it could be that the cache size is too small.
Rule of thumb : cache size should be around the traffic generated by
users for one week.
However check the SQUID FAQ on phys mem. requirements versus the total size
of the configured cache dir(s) too.

M.