Re: [squid-users] How to increase TCP-HIT ratio

From: Michal Weinfurtner <weinfurt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:59:18 +0200

Elsen Marc wrote:

>>Hello
>>
>>I have two questions.
>>I discovered cache manager outputs and found that just
>>5-7% of hits
>>are served from cache. It is to few. I there any way to increase this
>>ratio ? My config is bellow.
>>

> Your cache size is 500Mb. Depending on number of users and their
>webprofile , it could be that the cache size is too small.
>Rule of thumb : cache size should be around the traffic generated by
>users for one week.
>However check the SQUID FAQ on phys mem. requirements versus the total size
>of the configured cache dir(s) too.

Thanks to answer. But cache manager says, usage of physical cache memory
( cache size ) is about 66%. 33% of cache size is free. Anyway, i will
try to increase cache size. I have tried to read FAQ obout mem.
requirements but don't understand well :-(

My worst problem is about images. I realy don't have any idea, why some
images are not loaded :-( Do You think taht cache size a memory uasge
can be a reason ?

M.