RE: [squid-users] squid 2.5.STABLE4 and sharepoint

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:46:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Jeff Heckart wrote:

> Thanks.
> I tried 2.5.STABLE6 and have the same problem. Has anyone else dealt
> with NTLM over the internet through squid?

You can't, unless the server is using https.

This is due to a major design error in the NTLM over HTTP authentication
method not being a HTTP authentication method, only poorly masqueraded as
looking like one at the first look.. Because of this the NTLM over HTTP
authentication scheme crashes if proxied over a HTTP compliant proxy.