[squid-users] page faults with the physical i/o

From: zilinex <zilinex@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:39:01 +0800

I tried to start squid (2.5-stable5) in 2 new machines each have 512MB of ram
and enaugh free memory ( about 410MB ), one time on a Fedora linux
system
(core 2 and kernel 2.6 ) and another time on a mandrake 10 system with
the default configuration of squid (can be found in the squid confiqration directory /et/squid/squid.conf.default). each time I've got
page faults with physical i/o : 0 error and the squid cound not be
started.
on a 3rd system having the same hardware under Fedora core 2 I've got
no page fault?...
ok.. I've read ke FAQs and the mailing list archive ... but i think
none of them is the solution and express the cause!
I'm interested in the solution and any comments!
tnx in advanced