Re: [squid-users] Processes don`t start

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:25:58 +0200

Marcos Monteiro da Cruz wrote:
> After I upgraded squid 2.4 to 2.5 in a Debian Linux, everytime I try to
> start the squid process it does start but it is automactily killed.

Any error message (cache.log)?

> tried your FAQ page and tried to find something about the problem in the
> Debian page, but I couldn`t find anything of value. Also, I saw that
> there is no debian pakage for installing squid 2.5;

2.4 in stable, 2.5 in unstable/testing. It depends on the distribution.

> just can`t run under Debian? Any kind of information would be very
> valuable for me.

Of course it is possible to compile and use your own squid on debian.
You can as well upgrade your whole box to testing and use the debian
package.
Or check http://www.backports.org, they do backports to stable.

Regards, Hendrik Voigtländer