Re: [squid-users] Processes don`t start

From: Petri Välisuo <petri@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:47:13 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Marcos Monteiro da Cruz wrote:

> After I upgraded squid 2.4 to 2.5 in a Debian Linux, everytime I try to
> start the squid process it does start but it is automactily killed. I
> tried your FAQ page and tried to find something about the problem in the
> Debian page, but I couldn`t find anything of value. Also, I saw that
> there is no debian pakage for installing squid 2.5; is it because it
> just can`t run under Debian? Any kind of information would be very
> valuable for me.

2.5 do run in Debian and so does squid 3. But I guess that the problem is
that you might have forgotten to do some final configurations before
starting squid.

Have you checked that the user that is executing squid have vrite access
to log directory and spool (cache) directory? Does those directories
exist? Have you initialized the cache with squid -z command? If you aren't
sure where the squid writes log files, where the spool directory is, and
what is the squid user please specify them explicitely in the squid.conf.

Regards
   -petri

--
Petri Välisuo <petri.valisuo@wasalab.com> +358 44 767 7774