[squid-users] trouble installing

From: Matulevich <mjmatul@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 07:36:13 -0600

I am trying to install squid on a Mac OS X (10.3.x) server.
I am logged in as root, and in Terminal.

When I run ./configure --prefix=/usr/local, I get the following:

server:/usr/local/squid-2.5.STABLE5 root# ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... no
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

when I try make - I get this:

-sh : make: command not found

I tried STABLE6 first, with the same results. My directions were for
STABLE5, so I tried that- no difference.

Help is greatly appreciated, as I need squid both as a cache, and also
so I can run Dan's Guardian as a filter for a school, and school
starting is fast approaching.

Thanks,
Myrna