RE: [squid-users] Detected DEAD parent

From: SXB6300 Mailing <SXB6300@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:19:01 +0200

Hi Henrik,

Thx for the answer. I looked the network side, but it seems ok. I have ran a ping
between each proxy during 4 hours of hight HTTP load, with 0% of packet loss and
very good response time.
It 's probably more an overload issue. The load of every proxy is about 80-90% during
the "working hours" (monitored with mrtg). And since the beginning of the summer holidays,
the HTTP load has significantly increased. I have 5 proxies chained on three parents (each
son has 2 parents defined), and each of the 5 "son proxy" handles between 3000 and 4000
HTTP requests/min. These are dl360 compaq CPU 1Ghz with 1GB of RAM and scsi drives (and the
same for the parent proxies) running on RH9 with squid 2.5 ; do you think the hardware could
be the weak point?

Thx for your help.
Regards,

        P-E