Re: [squid-users] user management

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:42:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Tomas Palfi wrote:

> I'm running squid with fully integrated ldap authentication to AD, which
> gives me good management and control of user authentication and access,
> however, as the number of authorized users is growing I would like to
> monitor how long each user spends on the web. I have full user login
> logged in the access.log file.

Many of the log analysis programs/scripts allows you to find this
information from the access.log file. See
http://www.squid-cache.org/Scripts/ for a list of tools known to be able
to process the Squid access.log file.

In additions most tool which can process Apache access.log files can also
process Squid access.log files to return some useful information, but most
require the file to be converted to "common" format using squid2common
first (found from the same page above).