RE: [squid-users] user management

From: Tomas Palfi <tpalfi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:36:38 +0100

I just followed the instructions, but one thing that I have found was
that if you have box standard installation of AD on windows, you will
have to have a generic user within the AD that will allow access to
search the ldap database on windows. The users account details will
then have to be in the squid_ldap_auth helper. Only after that you will
be able to communicate with ldap on win. Any other access might be
denied so although you might have all the dc's set correctly the access
will be denied.

Obviously test it from a command line first and you should get OK
response if successful.

Good luck

tp