RE: [squid-users] RAID question

From: Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:05:16 -0400

For our solution we took a look at pricing and determined it would be
cheaper to just go with a single drive for each of our squid servers. Our
layout, in accelerated mode is like this:

Internet --> fw --> squid as a reverse proxy (rp) --> fw --> rp --> fw -->
back end web servers <--rp <-- network users

Two sites, 3 squid servers at each, which will give us reduntancy in case of
an ISP failure. A spare server at each site is cheaper than going with a
raid set up and redundancy failovers on each individual servers. The data
stored on the squid servers is not mission critical and can be easily
replaced. Every situation is different though. For us, an hour or even 4
hour's worth of downtime was not deemed critical to our business.

Chris