RE: [squid-users] [Squid-users] Squid LDAP Authentication

From: Rick Whitley <rickwh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:04:08 -0500

Check to see if your ldap dir accepts anonymous binds, if not you will
need the -D and -w params. Also when you run the helper outside of squid
you need to pipe the password, see below:

echo "userPassword: password" | <path>/squid_ldap_auth -b
"ou=academics,o=dbu" -u cn -D "cn=LDAPUser,ou=users,o=dbu" -w "password"
-f "cn=userid" -h you.host.ip.adr

We do not allow anonymous binds so we use the -D and -w options

rick...
Rom.5:8

>>> Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@Wiremold.com> 8/12/2004 7:27:43 AM

Can you do a ldapsearch to the ldap directory?
ldapsearch --help

There is also a helpfile/readme in the helpers/ldap directory of the
source.

You need to get the helper working outside of squid first, before
moving on
to any squid type problems you might encounter. Try a -x on the
helper...that might do the trick. You probably need a username and
password
that has read access to the ldap directory as well.

Chris