[squid-users] Authentication Error

From: Swaroop Shere <swarooponmoon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:05:19 +0100 (BST)

Hello,
        I am trying to build a hierarchy of cache
servers in my college. But when i access the child
cache through a client, it opens a box for
authentication, but does not authenticate. The client
then displays an error which is given by the parent
cache server. Could anybody help me with this?
Also, there is no dns server running in our premisis.
The parent cache can access the isp's dns, although.
Can this lead to a problem?
I am running the firewall.
Thank you.

=====