RE: [squid-users] squid sucks? ;-(

From: David Brodbeck <DavidB@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:15:20 -0400

Interesting. I've seen our Squid box handle full T1 bandwidth, so I don't
know why your numbers are so low. Have you tried transferring a file to and
from the Squid box on your local LAN, just to make sure it's not a local
network issue? Mismatched duplex settings or buggy ethernet drivers can
really slow things down. I'm also configuring browsers with PAC files, not
using redirection; I don't know what the performance impact of that is.