Re: [squid-users] Adaptation of access.log

From: Jens Strohschnitter <suse-linux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:43:17 +0200

> > I've got a problem with logging into access.log. An application accesses
> > to an internetside every millisecond to only the same side. So the access.log
> > will grow up one day to round about 400 MB. So my question, is it possible
> > to exclude logging for a hostaddress like (192.168.1.1) or just for a list
> > of domains (for example exclude logging to access.log for domains: www.xyz.net)?
>
> See the custom log formats patch at http://devel.squid-cache.org/
>
> > I'm using Squid Version 2.3.STABLE4-hno.CVS under SuSE Linux 7.2.
>
> Your REALLY should upgrade that one.. My Squid-2.3 snapshot releases never
> was intended for production <url:http://devel.squid-cache.org/hno/>, and
> there has been several critical security issues discovered since
> Squid-2.3 <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Advisories/> not to mention a
> huge number of bug fixes
> <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.3/bugs/>
> <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.4/bugs/>
> <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/>

Hi,

allright, now it works fine, also with the custom logformat patch. But now
my question to the customlogformat:

Is it possible to customize the access.log, that it only logs pro domain and
host ? For example for the source-address 192.168.2.200 a domain should be
only logged one time. So if the host tries another time to the same domain
(www.yahoo.com) it should not be logged again.

So, I think our log won't be grow up to >400 MB ! :-)

--
Regards,
     Jens Strohschnitter

* http://www.jens-strohschnitter.de *