Re: [squid-users] multiple Login for FTP-Sessions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:49:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Robert Weininger wrote:

> I go with the Browser to ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub
> The Squid ask me the Login and Password
> The Browser prompt me the Directory from the FTP-Host (Without any internal
> FTP-Icon from Squid.
> Now ask me the Browser again the Login and prompt after the login the
> Directory-Symbol
> Now ask me the Browser again the Login and prompt after the login the
> Parentirectory-Symbol

What browser are you using?

What authentication scheme? (basic or ntlm?)

Is authentication requested directly by the Squid your browser is
configured to use, or is the request forwarded to a parent which requests
authentication?

Does it continue asking for login as you navigate the FTP server or move
to another FTP server, or does it only ask on the first access?

Is there any difference if you first clear your local browser cache?