Re: [squid-users] help on squid proxy

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:19:41 +0530

> i am trying to use the squid proxy / cache server in my setup .
> I want to know whether the squid server can cache windows media files
> (wmv,asf) so that when a client makes a http request for a media file , it is
> served from the cache instead of the origin server .

Do you want to cache stored media files on the web servers not at being LIVE / streaming.
If webserver is allowing to cache those then we can cache them at all.

Create your own refresh_pattern for wmv,asf files to get cached.

> i tried looking for the same info over the net , i could not get much info,
>
> i appretiate it if someone can provide me with some info on the same .

And more,

see the thread,

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200202/0228.html

I got it over google only :)

> Is it also possible to cache mms / stream requests , either on mms or rtsp
> protocols ?

We can not cache stream requests. I hope rtsp protocols can be cached...

Regards
Muthu

---
===============  It is a "Virus Free Mail" ===============