Re: [squid-users] Squid restarting

From: <apmailist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:36:18 +0200

By the time I went from DEV phase to PROD phase, my memory must have changed the
meaning of the comments in squid.conf.
I'm sorry. I thought it 'was' the max amount for hot objects.
I had put 128MB on the developpement instance.
the only reason I doubled it was to take the best out of the hardware.
"the larger the better" ?.

Should I put it back to 8MB, or is 128 MB allright ?

I forgot to tell you that all these crashes are seamless to the users :
processes restart on their own : is that because only child processes core dump,
and then primary squid process respawns new ones ?

Thank you,

Andrew