[squid-users] SSL and Reverse Proxy

From: Brad Taylor <btaylor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:39:43 -0400

I'm trying to setup Squid as a reverse proxy with SSL. I remember
seeing a post here that showed the 3 options for SSL reverse proxy but I
can't find it now. I would like to test without terminating the SSL at
the Squid box. Can I have the cert on both the Squid and IIS web server
but when I hit the Squid box with https://IP_address_of_squid I get sent
to https://IP_address_of_IIS_web_server therefore it is not getting
anything from cache.

I'm also going to be using Pound for load balancing
http://www.apsis.ch/pound/ where should pound be placed? Meaning what
order should I put the servers in? If I want to terminate SSL should I
use Pound or Squid?