RE: [squid-users] SSL and Reverse Proxy

From: Brad Taylor <btaylor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:43:19 -0400

>> Then you are NOT using client certificates and no client certificates

>> should be specified in your squid.conf.
>
> In a way Squid is a client of the backend server. I do want SSL to
the
> back end and not stopping at Squid.

This is not related to the use of client certificates.

You only need to configure client certificates in Squid if you to access

the server witout Squid need to have client certificates installed in
your
web browser.

> It orks and I'm NOT redirected off https://dev2.autotask.com/ but
> the TCP-MISS and DIRECT in the above log show that nothing is coming
> from cache. I need the images to be cached. I've been reloading the
> site but still going DIRECT.

If you use the reload button then you always force a fresh copy.

The log entry you shown was only a redirect from / to /Default.asp, it
tells nothing about images.

The use of the cacheability check engine is recommended to figure out if

something is cacheable or not, or why.

-- Is the "cacheability check engine" part of Squid or from a web site?
I tried the ones from the web sites that have you put in a URL, but they
don't work with https, only http.